REGULATIONS FOR THE USE OF AppEX APPLICATION
The terms used in the Regulations shall be defined as follows:
1. Service Provider/Personal Data Administrator:
Centrum Nauki EXPERYMENT w Gdyni / EXPERYMENT Science Centre in Gdynia
al. Zwycięstwa 96/98, 81-451 Gdynia
2. CNE – abbreviation for Centrum Nauki EXPERYMENT w Gdyni
3. Application – mobile application created for CNE under Baltic Museums Love IT Project dedicated for mobile devices run by Android, iOS operation systems.
4. User – individual person, legal person or organisational unit not being a legal person that uses the Application.
5. Login – activity of entering identification data allowing to identify the User.
6. Identification Data – login (e-mail address or User’s name) and password established individually by the User in the process of creating a temporary player’s account.
1. These Regulations, herein and after referred to as Regulations describe the rules for using the Application.
2. The Regulations mentioned in Item 1 are regulations within the context of Article 8 of the Act of Parliament of 18 July 2002 – Provision of Services by an Electronic Way Law.
3. The Application and any editorial materials contained in it shall constitute an exclusive property of the Service Provider.
4. The Application may be started up from any web browser.
5. The Services provided through this Application:
a. Free Services – interactive tour of the CNE, scanning QR codes at the exhibition, information for visitors, access to free content as part of Zdalny EXPERYMENT, information about the offer, information about the project, questionnaires.
b. Paid Services – purchase of a ticket to the CNE is available from the menu level.
6. The costs of data transmission required to download, install and use the Application shall be covered by the Application User on their own under an agreement concluded with the operator of the Internet access service. The Service Provider shall not be responsible for the amount of fees charged for the use of data transmission necessary to use the Application.
The Way the Application Operates
1. The Application allows the User to enjoy the games and tour paths available at the exhibition and outside of it and provides useful information about the CNE. The Application contains descriptions of exhibitions available in a few language versions.
2. It is possible to log into the Application using the selected login and password and also using the existing Facebook and Google profiles.
In the case of logging in using the selected login and password, the Service Provider does not keep the User's e-mail address. The e-mail address serves exclusively to create an account. The Service Provider keeps only the User’s login and password.
In the case of logging in using a Facebook or Google account, the Service Provider does not collect details of these accounts or collect information about the User from them.
3. In case of entering as a guest, no User's progress will be saved after leaving the Application. It will not be possible to continue the commenced tour path.
1. The use of the Application needs access to the Internet network and a device with a bowser function.
2. The device on which the Application is to be started up must meet the following technical requirements regarding the operating system: Android, iOS, Windows Mobile.
3. By using the Application, the User accepts the content of these Regulations. If the User does not agree to accept the Regulations, the Application window should be closed.
Rules of Using
1. The User shall be obliged to use the Application:
2. The User shall be obliged to use all information and materials made available through the Application only within the scope of permissible use.
3. The User shall be obliged to immediately notify the Service Provider of any infringement of rights in connection with the use of the Application.
4. At any time the User may quit using the Application. Quitting the use requires closing the Application window in the browser.
5. If it has been found that the User performs activities prohibited by law or these Regulations, or violating the principles of social coexistence or prejudicial to the justified interest of the Service Provider, the Service Provider may take actions, including limiting the User's possibility to use the Application and the services provided through it.
6. The User shall use the Application voluntarily, at their own risk.
1. The proprietary copyrights to the content published in the Application belong to the Service Provider. Copyrights shall be protected under the Act of Parliament of 4 February 1994 – Copyright and Neighbouring Rights Law (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1191, as amended).
2. Using the content published in the Application does not mean that the User acquires any copyrights. The User may use this content only to the extent permitted by the Act on Copyright and Neighbouring Rights.
3. No part nor the whole content used by the User may be reproduced and disseminated, in any form or in any other way (electronic or mechanical), including copying and posting on the Internet. The use or enjoyment of the content in whole or in part, without the written consent of the Service Provider, shall be prohibited.
Personal Data Protection
1. Data Administrator:
The Administrator of your personal data is Centrum Nauki EXPERYMENT in Gdynia, al. Zwycięstwa 96/98, 81-451 Gdynia (herein and after referred to as CNE).
If you have any queries or doubts, please contact the Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 58 72 73 985, Mobile 500-472-830
2. Scope of the Data:
The Application does not require providing personal
details, nor does it seek to identify the persons using it. If the Application is used without logging in via
Facebook or Google (access as a guest), a unique random identifier is generated
to mark the data collected from a given User. In
the case of creating an account, logging in via Facebook or Google, the data
collected from a given User are marked with their identifier used on the
Facebook or Google platform.
Personal data may be processed in the Application if the e-mail address or login are personal data, e.g. in the following form of "first name.surname@place of work" or similar.
3. Aims to Process Personal Data:
a. To create an account and send an activation link to the e-mail address provided;
b. To ensure the proper operation of the Application (continuation of the tour keeping the same progress);
c. Analysis (in order to assess and improve the tour paths).
4. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data:
CNE processes your Data under:
GDPR – Article 6 Section 1 Letter b – Performance of an agreement a party to which is the person concerned.
5. Period of Data Storage:
Login data are necessary for the proper operation of the Application and regardless of the method of logging in, they are stored as cookies for 24 hours.
This means that a person who uses the Application without logging in via Facebook or Google will be treated as a new User if they return later than after 24 hours (or clears the cookie). The Guest User’s account will be automatically deleted from the system after 48 hours. In the case of creating an account or logging in by Google / Facebook, the data are stored between subsequent logins and will be automatically deleted from the system after 48 hours. They will be deleted upon the User's request sent to the following address: email@example.com.
6. Disclosure / Transmission of Data:
Information regarding the fact of logging in to the application and User’s activity of an existing Google / Facebook account are not documented on this account.
7. Transmission of Data outside the European Economic Area:
The collected data are not transmitted outside the European Economic Area.
8. Automated Decision Making:
The collected data are not an object of automatic decision making, including profiling.
9. The rights you are entitled to:
In connection with personal data processing you have the right to:
d. Get an access to the personal data and to receive a copy of them.
e. Request to rectify the data, if they are incorrect, and to complete the data.
f. Request to delete the data in case they are not unnecessary to reach the objective for which they have been collected or you will find that they were processed not in compliance with the regulations.
g. To request restrictions in processing the data (stop all processing operations) in case when you question the accuracy of the data (for the time necessary to check the data) or when you find that your data were processed in a way not in compliance with regulations, but you oppose to have them deleted.
In order to exercise the above rights, please write to the Data Protection Officer of CNE (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will contact you to process the request.
If you find that the processing of personal data by CNE has violated the provisions of law, you have the right to lodge a complaint to:
President of the Polish Data Protection Commissioner, ul. Stawki 2, 00-193 Warszawa, uodo.gov.pl/pl/p/skargi
Service Provider’s Responsibility
The User acknowledges that the Application is a computer program, the functioning of which is influenced by a number of factors that require coexistence of the program with other computer programs, computer component drivers, web browsers, other devices, including computer networks or the infrastructure of telecommunications operators.
The User acknowledges that there may be circumstances affecting the operation of the Application, that are not within the scope of the Service Provider's responsibility, for which it is not possible to fully examine them and to prevent possible malfunctions in the Application.
In connection with the above, any provisions of the Regulations, as well as any element of the content of websites belonging to the Service Provider, should not be read as a guarantee of the proper operation of the Application, and the User, despite the lack of such a guarantee, independently decides to start using the Application, bearing in mind primarily that the Application has not been designed in a way ensuring its optimal functioning on the device owned by the User in the configuration used by them.
1. Any complaints regarding the use of the Application should be reported within 14 days from the time of finding any irregularities.
2. Reports of complaints may be made:
3. Report of the complaint should contain: content of the complaint and contact address to which a return information should be sent.
4. Time for considering the complaint and providing the return information is 7 days.
5. Replies to the complaints will be sent by e-mail, traditional mail, fax or telephone, in accordance with the contact details provided by the complainant in the complaint.
1. In matters not covered by these Regulations, the relevant provisions of Polish law shall apply, in particular the Civil Code and the Act of Parliament - Provision of Services by Electronic Way Law.
2. These Regulations are available at the following address: app.experyment.pl.
3. These Regulations become effective from 31.07.2020.